I May Have Accidently Fixed An Issue

Reaction score
This computer running Win10 preview had an elderly Creative sound card installed, but it was not being used since it didn't want to cooperate with Win 8.1 or the preview. I had onboard sound activated as it's good enough for this machine. Yesterday I was playing around and decided to remove the sound card as the computer for reasons unknown had locked up several times forcing a push of the reset button. Another minor issue was the computer not going into sleep mode unless I manually activated it.

I removed the sound card and left the computer for awhile. Came back and it was in sleep mode. Woke it up and left it again and it went into sleep mode. Went into sleep mode last night and was still asleep this morning. Don't know if the sound card was the culprit but whatever happened, sleep mode now is working as it should. Lockups were pretty random so I don't know if that issue is resolved or not.

Reaction score
Unfortunately some windows antics are hard to explain unless they are repeatable, sort of like in Physics where everything has to be proven mathematically. If you can repeat something over and over again with same (not merely similar) results, then you have a solution to a problem. Otherwise it is speculation.

Ask a Question