Saying goodbye to Firefox browser,... maybe

Reaction score
I have been a Firefox browser user for many years. But today I moved over to Chrome, and will use this brower while I search for a permanent one.
Firefox has become so loaded and much to controlling for me. I tried Opera and liked some of the features there, so will keep it on-board. I also use the the Avast SafeZone browser. I haven't made up my mind there, either.
I was just wondering if I am alone with my thoughts on Firefox, or what suggestions others might have.
Thanks for reading.

WHL

Reaction score
I've only recently purchased a windows 10 pro laptop and I'm using the Edge browser.
I also have a windows XP desktop and I use Firefox and occasionally Chrome.
As it is an XP system I have to use older versions of Firefox & Chrome.
When I replace it with a windows 10 desktop I reckon I'll still use the Edge browser.

Bif

Reaction score
Been a Firefox user from day one and for the most part have been satisfied with the performance and features, but it started as a resource hog and has not improved in that regard over the years but has only appeared to have gotten worse.
I'm comfortable with it out of familiarity and find it difficult when trying out other browsers, so being a sucker for punishment and that old dog reluctant to learn a new trick..I will likely stick with FF...for now.

Reaction score
I've used FF for many years. I tried Edge again just last week and I still don't feel comfortable using it. It's still seems like a bare bones browser and lacking some of the user friendly features that IE, FF and Chrome have to offer.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've used FF for many years.
Me too. I finally moved when a while back both IE and Chrome integrated Flash player and did not require a seperate standalone install.
When FF does that, I'll likely go back.
I don't really care about the performance / system resource issues. It seems like everything you install now-a-days thinks it's the operating system instead of a simple game of hangman or pong.

Everything has to have it's own auto-update, special framework services, splashy graphic UI, menu and settings running to so many sublevels deep you need to trail a string behind you to find your way back out again.

Ask a Question