I only need one account

Reaction score
For my windows 10 i am using my email to login but i have another account which i want to remove, the account is able to type in username and password. I have tried removing it from control panel but it only just shows my account pls help. thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
#1.) The first thing you need to do, is to make absolutely sure, without any doubt, that the account you intend to use going forward, is a member of the local administrators group and not a standard user
AND
#2.) In the interest of keeping some continuity and just to be on the safe side, you might be better off just disabling the other account that you do not wish to use or see.

Right click the start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu and in the command prompt window type
net user <UserName> /active:no

EXAMPLE: IF you have a user named <JohnSmith> it would look like this
net user JohnSmith /active:no
hit enter
IF there is a space in the user name such as <John Smith> then that user name has to be surrounded by Quotation Marks ....
net user "John Smith" /active:no
hit enter

#3.) It might be a good idea before doing any of the above to check and confirm your users to make sure you are clear as to their presence on the machine.

In the same elevated command prompt just type
net user
hit enter
That should show you all the users that Windows is aware of on the computer.

Reaction score
Okay i found out something. The account i entered the same email and password it logged me in into the same desktop. Why is there 2 different logins ? The one that i do not want have the options of choosing user name or microsoft account. i want to remove this how can i do it ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the same. At some stage I entered an additional name under Computer name settings in Control Pane- system. So it shows up the same name for the Computer name, the full computer name and the computer description. After that I had this additional option on the login screen, where it tells me I have entered the wrong password. This is after I had already changed the settings to bypass the login screen, which now doesn't work anymore as there are two login options. Anyone, help please to get rid of one of them.

Ask a Question