I want to remove the "read only" attribute in my Documents Folder and subfolders and can't

Reaction score
The documents folder and its subfolders are "read only" which prevents me from storing files in them. I am the administrator and can not remove the "read only attribute." How can I accompiish that? I went to properties for the documents folder and the system appeared to be doing what I wanted, but was not successful. Thank for any help or guidance.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
That read only attribute you are seeing in relation to your folders, subfolder and files is not the problem.
This seems to be a very common complaint, which seems to impact Windows 10 Home version more so than perhaps the Pro version.
It has to do with the upgrade's impact on security permissions on the various User Folders in your user profile.
There is an article here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-to-read/35831558-fb01-47f8-8bf7-7435c9c47db9
Where a member of that community seems to have gotten a handle on the problem (page 2, ChristopherMillay).
You might want to read through it and see if your circumstance is similar.

Reaction score
I am unable to open the link at present - it says page not available, but will keep trying. Thanks

Ask a Question