Import all data from Opera to new chromium edge

Reaction score
Good day,

I was googling in search of importing all data from opera to new chromium edge, but couldn't find anything. Opera doesn't show up in the browser list in the IMPORT option. HTML method does not help to import all data from another browser.
Could you please help me on this?

Reaction score
Did you,in the first instance, EXport from Opera to an html file? You can then import from the same file to Edge
Otherwise, if it is possible with Opera, try Syncing.

Reaction score
Hi,
AS SAID EARLIER, " HTML method does not help to import all data from another browser ". How can You sync data between opera and chromium edge!!!!.

Reaction score
What message, or error, did you get when you attempted to import the HTML into Edge?

Are you trying to import settings (impossible with two incompatible browsers) or just the bookmarks?

Reaction score
You can only import bookmarks and not the history using HTML method.
I have very few bookmarks but loads of history which i want to import into new edge.

Reaction score
I had to do a little investigation, as I am not an Opera user.

It seems that you can set up an Opra account, and sync from there. But, s possible easier wat occurs to mr.
IE can handle html transfer. Import ti IE and then it is a simple matter to fetch them from within Edge

Reaction score
Importing the html file only imports bookmarks. He wants to import everything (bookmarks, settings, saved passwords, etc.) davehc, like he was syncing between the 2 browsers. As far as I know OP, you can't do that.

Reaction score
You may be right, but, in his recent post, he only refers to history and bookmarks?
ny the way. Apologies gor my shocking text.. I sm away from a computer an trying to type on my mobile with my very fat fingers

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I was googling in search of importing all data from opera to new chromium edge
Since Edge Chromium is still a beta, that particular service may not be available yet. I'm sure it will be possible once Edge Chromium goes live.

Reaction score
Hi, such a service exists for importing from other browsers like chrome, Firefox. I was wondering since opera is also chromium based, may be someway be there. I looked at various extensions, but didn't get any1 who can do the job.

Regedit32

Reaction score
There is a free utility you can download in 32 or 64-bit called BrowsingHistoryView, created by Nirsoft.

This tool can grab all browser history ( the default is 10 days, but you can change that ) for most Browsers ( including Opera ).

You can export that in different formats, including HTML format.

Perhaps take a look, as you may be able to use this tool to get the info you want from Opera, then import it to Edge as others have suggested already in this thread.

It can be downloaded from here:

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/browsing_history_view.html ( scroll to bottom of page for download links )

Ignore the opening paragraph on this site, as they forgot to mention Opera is supported.

As an added bonus this tool also detects all browser history from Chromium Edge too!

Note: Microsoft's Windows Defender SmartScreen will alert you this utility is not safe to run. Click the More in the upper left corner of the alert dialog, then click Run anyway to run it.

Regards,

Regedit32

PS: Here's an image of the utility.

BrowserHistoryView.png

Regedit32

Reaction score
No method available to import history html

True, only Bookmarks in HTML format.

You should use the Feedback app to present an argument for Microsoft to make this possible.

The utility I mentioned, at least would give you a file you can access your History from, and give you the opportunity to uninstall Opera, without worrying about losing that History data.

The only other thing I can think might be a work-around, would be to install another third party Browser, to import the data you want from Opera then in Edge, import from that alternate browser ( which might need to be Google Chrome ).

Again, I don't generally import anything from alternate browsers, so not sure whether that is even possible.

Ask a Question