SOLVED Importing Photos

Reaction score
I have an Android phone, my laptop came with windows 10. I always import photos from my phone to my laptop. Today my windows 10 updated and now it finds my device, locates new photos and videos but when I click on import selected, a "something went wrong" window pops up. ive been trying to do this all day, been researching all day and have tried several solutions that others have tried to no avail. PLEASE HELP!!

Reaction score
I don't rely upon most of the transfer methods but use a pocketable USB Targus SDHC card reader with a built-in MicroSDXC slot [10USD at Wal*Mart] to transfer from the card in the phone, also works with tablets. But I have found that some devices don't work well with USB 3 sockets [blue center], use the USB 2 [black center]. The USB 3 is supposed to be backward compatible but not with everything.

Reaction score
I don't rely upon most of the transfer methods but use a pocketable USB Targus SDHC card reader with a built-in MicroSDXC slot [10USD at Wal*Mart] to transfer from the card in the phone, also works with tablets. But I have found that some devices don't work well with USB 3 sockets [blue center], use the USB 2 [black center]. The USB 3 is supposed to be backward compatible but not with everything.
Thank you, I will give that a shot

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I always import photos from my phone to my laptop.
Do you do this as just a backup?

Do you have Google photos on your phone and setup? If so, just install "Google backup and sync" to your laptop. This is a cloud based storage. Once installed what pictures you take on your phone you can now see in "Backup and Sync". From there you can download to your laptop for a hard copy.

I use it and love it....works great.

Ask a Question