INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE Error

Reaction score
So i get windows 10 upgraded on my windows 7 computer i have it for 2 days then i decide to reset my computer to factory settings so i do that it finished starts the PC i get a blue screen saying there was a problem and it will restart my pc so it does that on an endless loop, how do i fix this porblem

the only solution i see is buying and hard drive and windows 7
but I don't want to spend money because a free upgrade screwed me over

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
the only solution i see is buying and hard drive and windows 7
If your computer came with Windows 7 pre-installed, it is likely out of warranty so it will not be free, but.....
Try contacting the Computer Manufacturer and see if they can provide you OEM Recovery Media. There will likely be a nominal fee but cheaper than what you are considering.

You computer should also have a COA on the side, back, under the battery (if laptop) with your product key.
IF you can get your hands on the same version of Windows 7 (Home, Pro, Ultimate, etc.,) and same bit architecture (32 or 64 bit) then you should be able to reinstall Windows 7 using that product key.
It will take a phone call to MS to activate, but worth the time and effort.

Ask a Question