Installed memory not available

Reaction score
I recently installed 2 new memory cards in my Laptop(intel i5 processor). The cards are from different manufacturers, also one card is 2gb and the seconde one is 4gb. Now when i start my computer, and go to 'Control Panel\System and Security\System', one time i see Installed memory : 6gb, but other time installed memory is Not available. Why is this like this and how to fix this?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi KeBi,

Have you checked to make sure Windows Management Instrumentation service is running?
  • In search box type Services | then press Enter
  • Click on the Name column to reverse the alphabetical order
  • Scroll down to locate Windows Management Instrumentation
    • It's status ought to be running, and its startup type ought to be automatic
    • If not then right click | Restart Service

Report back to the forum. If that is not the issue someone may have other thoughts.

Regards,

Regedit32

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Now when i start my computer, and go to 'Control Panel\System and Security\System', one time i see Installed memory : 6gb, but other time installed memory is Not available. Why is this like this and how to fix this?
Sometimes it just takes a while for that information to be enumerated and then populate in that particular interface.
IF you want to know some things about your system like installed and available memory, simply.....
Open a command prompt and type
systeminfo
and hit the enter key

Ask a Question