Installing MATLAB

Reaction score
I can get a copy of MATLAB 2015a x64 from my university. However when I download the installer and I right click and run it as an administrator it pops up and asks me for permission which I click yes for and then a small box quickly flashes (I assume an initial setup) and then nothing. I don't get any prompts that it's failed and I have nothing installed.

I only updated Windows 10 today on a Surface pro 3 and I had in the past had MATLAB 2014b working on Windows 8.1.

Also as a side I have a friend with the same setup as me who has MATLAB 2015a working on his updated Surface Pro 3 but had it installed already before updating to Windows 10. I can also install others programs, it seems specific to the MATLAB installer.

Reaction score
Hi remostalin, have already tried running in all of the offered compatibility modes and also tried the troubleshooter. The same thing I described happens no matter which mode and the troubleshooter reports that it can't find anything wrong.

try to change compatibility mode

Reaction score
I know for sure that it has nothing to do with having had previous versions, since I'm having EXACTLY SAME PROBLEM on my new machine!! tried both 2015a/b 32/64bit, essentially everything I knew, but still now fix, I just wish my laptop came with Win 8

Ask a Question