SOLVED Installing Windows based software on a tablet

AGB

Reaction score
Can you install Windows based software on a tablet with Windows 10 OS if the tablet has a USB port and can plug in an external DVD Player into the tablet?

Reaction score
If you can make the tablet to boot from the usb stick, there might be a chance. I personally have not seen it yet.....

Reaction score
Can you install Windows based software on a tablet with Windows 10 OS if the tablet has a USB port and can plug in an external DVD Player into the tablet?
Why do you think it wouldn't do it?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As long as the "tablet" is running a full fledged version of Windows 10 (Home, Pro, Edu, Ent, etc.) and not Windows 10 mobile as in the case of phones and some tablets (Surface RT).

Reaction score
I rec I did not read it right. Forget my previous answer. I thought you might want to install windows 10 on a tablet that does not have windows on it.... not my day....

AGB

Reaction score
In response to "Trouble": When you are looking on line for a tablet-pc and it says Windows 10 OS how do you know if it is for mobile or one of the others you mentioned. Also May I ask this question; When comparing Tablets and down thru the descriptions, one says "Hardware Platform - "Windows"" the next tablet says "Hardware Platform - PC"", But the both say Windows 10 OS, What is the difference, if you know? Thanks

AGB

Reaction score
As long as the "tablet" is running a full fledged version of Windows 10 (Home, Pro, Edu, Ent, etc.) and not Windows 10 mobile as in the case of phones and some tablets (Surface RT).

AGB

Reaction score
In response to "Trouble": When you are looking on line for a tablet-pc and it says Windows 10 OS how do you know if it is for mobile or one of the others you mentioned. Also May I ask this question; When comparing Tablets and down thru the descriptions, one says "Hardware Platform - "Windows"" the next tablet says "Hardware Platform - PC"", But the both say Windows 10 OS, What is the difference, if you know? Thanks

AGB

Reaction score
Why do you think it wouldn't do it?
Because some techs say it won't and some say it will. Just want to know if I might be able to plug an external DVD Player into the USB 2.0 Port and install Windows Based Software. I'm not talking about MS Windows Software: Example MS Word, ETC. I'm Thinking about 3rd party Windows based programs. Because it is a Tablet-PC with a detachable Key Board.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Generally speaking most tablets currently being sold will have some sort of indicator as to the OS.
Usually Windows 10 Home or Pro as well as something about the system architecture 32 or 64 bit.
I would expect that any being sold that are running Windows 10 "Mobile" would have some type of reference to that as well.
Something you should pay attention to in addition to the operating system is how much internal storage it has.
Folks have been reporting that tablets with only 32 gigs of storage (disk space) are having issues with updating the OS, especially if you are using a lot of storage to host programs.

Reaction score
Because some techs say it won't and some say it will. Just want to know if I might be able to plug an external DVD Player into the USB 2.0 Port and install Windows Based Software. I'm not talking about MS Windows Software: Example MS Word, ETC. I'm Thinking about 3rd party Windows based programs. Because it is a Tablet-PC with a detachable Key Board.
Some "techs" may be thinking of Windows 10 PC vs Windows 10 Mobile?
Windows 10 PC is Windows, doesn't matter if it runs on a tablet, notebook or desktop. Windows Phone (Mobile) might be an exception.
"Tablet-PC with a detachable Key Board" works just like a laptop, but will have no optical drive; only USB ports. I have one.

Ask a Question