SOLVED Intel(R)82579LM

Reaction score
I use a desktop connected via Ethernet. When I start the computer I get the message 'Intel(R)82579LM Gigabit Network Connection adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware-related problems'. I find that if I then click on 'restart' the computer does indeed restart, I sign in and the connection is fine. I think I have both 82579LM and 82579V installed - though 82579LM may have just been uninstalled by a friend trying to help. The problem remains. I upgraded to Windows 10 3 weeks ago.
I'm not very technical so not too much jargon please!
thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Both those boards use the exact same driver.
Maybe start by acquiring the latest one from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25769/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=47549
In accordance with your system architecture (32 or 64 bit).
As you can see by reading the section labeled
"This download is valid for the product(s) listed below." It covers an array of different intel based network adapters.

NOTE: These are Generic Intel driver packages and will generally work in most instances, however there are some cases where the driver is better obtained through the computer manufacturer (in the case of laptops) or the motherboard manufacturer (in the case of onboard integrated devices), sometimes the OEM makes them a little proprietary.

Reaction score
I had a system once with the LM and Windows kept trying to identify it as a V. This was a couple of years ago so possibly those driver problems have been resolved .

If you can see the motherboard, you might be able to tell for sure which version you have if your Owners Manual does not say. As trouble mentions, the newer drivers should pick up the chip correctly.

Reaction score
Both those boards use the exact same driver.
Maybe start by acquiring the latest one from here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25769/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=47549
In accordance with your system architecture (32 or 64 bit).
As you can see by reading the section labeled
"This download is valid for the product(s) listed below." It covers an array of different intel based network adapters.

NOTE: These are Generic Intel driver packages and will generally work in most instances, however there are some cases where the driver is better obtained through the computer manufacturer (in the case of laptops) or the motherboard manufacturer (in the case of onboard integrated devices), sometimes the OEM makes them a little proprietary.
I finally plucked up the courage to do as you suggest but regret to report the problem remains the same: no connection when I start up but it's OK when I go through Restart. thanks for your help.
jacspear

Reaction score
I had to take my computer in for repair to solve the problem. I was told this was a recognised problem after updating to Windows 10 and it was solved by installing a patch.

Reaction score
I use a desktop connected via Ethernet. When I start the computer I get the message 'Intel(R)82579LM Gigabit Network Connection adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware-related problems'. I find that if I then click on 'restart' the computer does indeed restart, I sign in and the connection is fine. I think I have both 82579LM and 82579V installed - though 82579LM may have just been uninstalled by a friend trying to help. The problem remains. I upgraded to Windows 10 3 weeks ago.
thanks

Reaction score
This issue killed my i7 3770 Asus P8Z77V totally DEAD. I was installing win10. I had already found I had serious audio problems and internet problemsas a result of installing win10.
I had 82579V LAN hardware on P8Z77V but unable to install driver so no internet connection. Asus advised that 82579V is mis-reported as 82579LM which then does not work - Asus advised to download an executable firmware update which I did after which I could not boot. "Warning BIOS recovery mode has been detected please put the file "Z77VB.CAP" into HDD or a removable USB media device." All to no avail. The PC would not boot would not read ANY bootable device CDROM, USB etc I cannot enter BIOS on BOOT The MoBo cannot be reset nothing happens. So much for Asus crash BIOS I gave up after a few days so am now building a new Broadwell pc.based on Asus X99A i7 6800K Anyway it may be argued this LAN driver is an Asus fault but it emerged when installing win10 - untill then the pc concerned worked fine audio video network etc with win 7 and win 8.1.
I note Win10 also has 24bit 48khz audio settings so probably needs to be reset to 24 bit 44.1khz (CD) but in any case all my pcs with win10 and with Creative Labs SB ZxR/Asus Xonar STX etc no longer working. I am told that Win10 disables drivers that do not work with win10. Anyway the sound is terrible CD/youtube etc muffled garbled as tho coming thro the wall from next door.... If I uninstall all Creative Labs sound card software on each pc I get working audio but none of sound cards are in use.(using on-board audio Realtek etc) ie sound mix what u hear not available for recording from internet eg BBC iPlayer/YouTube etc..
I have also problems with rejected product keys for windows 7 ultimate. (the version with FULL encryption )
I fortunately have several boxes of genuine win8.0 which I bought from Microsoft when MS was selling them cheap a couple of years back altho it irs tiresome that I can only upgrade to 8.1 via STORE if I first install all 162 win 8.0 updates.
Where a win7 key is rejected I have bought new product keys but there is always a risk that the software could be pirated. Also Microsoft make it very difficult to download ISO images now.
((I have been trying since June 14th to get each of my pcs to multi boot Win7 win8.1 and win10 to make them future proof they were already multi-boot win7 and win8.1 - and had been for a year or two with no problems - so it was just a question of adding win10 before July29th)). One venerable DELL is multibooting XP/Win7 Pro/win8.1 and win10
The mutiboot is a bit variable sometimes works sometimes not but by rebooting I do get to the multi OS choice.
PROBLEM After 28 days I cannot uninstall win10 Also updates are MANDATORY quite often they cause problems eg Microsoft update which changed the colour settings (muddy colours) on all my printers scanners it took several weeks before the cause was identified as a Microsoft windows 8 update.

I have spent the last 31 days trying to resolve above amd many other win10 issues so I have had no time so far to test it out in everyday use If win10 remains a problem I will have to reformat drives and re-install the earlier versions of windows with of course the risks that product keys will be rejected. IF SO I WILL SWITCH TO APPLE GOODBYE TO MICROSOFT AND ALL THESE ENDLESS PROBLEMS LIFE IS TOO SHORT..... .

Reaction score
How is this subject solved? Gerchwiler just wrote a big paragraph her computer is wrecked, how id this issue solved? I do not see an end "do this thing....."

Reaction score
This Lenovo machine new came with windows 10 and I am using the Intel wireless and hardwire connected internet connection device, how do I fix it? Not to re-boot to make it work?

Reaction score
same model number and get

The Intel 82579LM Gigsbit Network Connection adapter is experiencing driver - or hardware - related problems

Reaction score
How is this subject solved? Gerchwiler just wrote a big paragraph her computer is wrecked, how id this issue solved? I do not see an end "do this thing....."
The poster to which you refer, appears to not have been able to apply the patch. ASUS systems can recover from a bad Bios flash, if that was what occurred. This does not alter the fact a patch was available for the system and I think I remember putting it on my system with Win 7.

I never put Win 10 on my Z77 board because of its age, so I have no way of knowing if it would have worked in Win 10.

And that post was almost a year ago. I get the impression each large update of Win 10 moves beyond certain classes of devices.

Reaction score
Jackspear Wrote on April 29, 2016
"I had to take my computer in for repair to solve the problem. I was told this was a recognised problem after updating to Windows 10 and it was solved by installing a patch.

Reaction score
thanks
You can try DevManView, it small, support command line by Nirsoft, its really cool
I have 2 laptop issues with Intel 82579LM LAN. Just use DevManView to set in in schedule task with admin permission to disabl_enable, then it work perfect. Many thanks to editor after trying too much others solution but not work

Ask a Question