SOLVED Intel SGE platform software

Reaction score
I recently had cause to do a re-installation of Win10 on my notebook, and it told me that Intel Software Guard Extension Platform Software would be deleted and would need to be re-installed.

After the Win10 re-installation I went to the download site for this package, downloaded it, and unzipped it.

When I attempted to run the execution file, I got a warning asking me if I wished to proceed.

Knowing nothing about this package, I was unsure about what I should do. Should I proceed?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Andy,

I imagine if you downloaded the certification key for your Intel SGX that would be zipped for security reasons.

It ought to be safe to extract then install as per instructions. If you are not sure you should be able to right-click the zipped file and scan with your antivirus software first.

The question though is do you even need this.

The software is intended for programmers who are enclaving specific code for one of two reasons:
  • To protect source code for being viewed
  • To protect executable code from other processes that may otherwise read/write a reserved memory allocation and thus interfere with a program,

Do you recall installing this software intentionally before now? Or is the notebook a secondhand purchase that came with software installed from previous owner?

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Reg.
The machine was recently purchased as "factory refurbished", so I don't know its history.
I don't use it for software development, so the applications you outline above would be of no interest to me.
Sounds like I should delete the Intel SGE downloads and forget it.
I'll await your confirmation before marking this thread as solved.

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you have no use for the service then there is no reason to keep it.

If you change your mind you can always download it again in the future.

Ask a Question