Intel wireless - AP mode gone after an upgrade

Reaction score
I have a laptop with an intel AC 7265 wireless adapter built in. With the normal Windows 10 driver, AP mode works - which I need to run Connectify.

I upgraded to the latest Intel driver as I was having other issues (Wireless would just disconnect and give me a 1609 address) but the new driver apparently doesn't support AP mode (hosted network support = no).

Does anyone have any ideas if I can get AP mode supported again?

Alan

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not familiar with that particular card or driver.
Is it something you can turn on and off manually.
Right click the start button and choose run and type
ncpa.cpl
hit enter
right click the wireless intel adapter and choose properties
click the configure button
select the advanced tab and then sort through the left column and see if there is anything there that might offer the ability to change it on the right column to on or yes or whatever.

Reaction score
I have a laptop with an intel AC 7265 wireless adapter built in. With the normal Windows 10 driver, AP mode works - which I need to run Connectify.

I upgraded to the latest Intel driver as I was having other issues (Wireless would just disconnect and give me a 1609 address) but the new driver apparently doesn't support AP mode (hosted network support = no).

Does anyone have any ideas if I can get AP mode supported again?

Alan

Yep--painful! Confirmed that this is an issue...
http://support.connectify.me/article/15-i-get-ap-mode-not-supported

Ask a Question