Wifi Adapter Failure - Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Reaction score
I have had this problem for a couple months now. Basically, my wifi drivers keep failing/uninstalling and my attempts to save them/reinstall them continue to prove unsuccessful. It will occur both during use/on startup that the wifi driver will disapear. (no ability to connect to wifi/does not appear in device manager) I have tried reinstalling drivers with some success but no permanant solution. I am running the latest version of Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire V3-572G.

The error follows a linear progression
1. Wifi looses internet access
2. All other wifi networks cannot be found
3. The wifi network I am connected to cannot be found
4. Device Manager Error (It says: No drivers are installed for this device)
5. The driver is not in device manager and I can only use ethernet

In the events log (when I can see the device) the error is
Device not started (NETwNb64)

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B1&SUBSYS_40708086&REV_BB\4851B7FFFFD2D64C00 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem61.inf
Class Guid: {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Service: NETwNb64
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters: vwifibus
Problem: 0x15
Problem Status: 0x0

I have attempted MANY fixes, which include:
Restarting computer
Repairing drivers
Windows updates
Uninstalling/Installing drivers (Including Intel 17.0.0.34, 17.0.5.8, 17.15.0.5, 18.11.0.8, 18.33.3.2, 19.10.0, Atheros 10.0.0.321 and Broadcom 12.0.1.653)
Untoggling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
Disabling/Enabling Driver
System Restore
Factory Reset

No attempted fixes are guaranteed to solve but some have managed to keep the wifi working for weeks. Other times only minutes. It is because of their (albeit limited) success that I feel like this is not a hardware issue but I could vary much be wrong given my limited experience.

Thanks for the help!

Ask a Question