IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED - Blue Screen

Reaction score
You would not believe how many times my computer has to restore itself or I've had to reinstall Windows. I recently fresh installed it got it working for 1 day and a bit. Bam hit with a BSOD while playing CS:GO "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" and then after I am hit with constant BSOD'S of "IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED" and now I've had to restore my computer. I don't know what the hell is going on please help me. If someone is willing to offer serious support I can offer money if you help me fix it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Test your hard drive for errors using the native Check Disk utility.
Admin Command Prompt type
chkdsk C: /R
hit enter
answer Y when prompted
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
reboot and let it run.
WARNING: it will likely take a very long time and may appear to be hung, just let it finish.

Test your memory
http://memtest86.com/download.htm
Grab the ISO, burn it to CD, boot from it and run the test.... 6 passes minimum.

Stress you GPU
Download FurMark http://www.geeks3d.com/dl/show/450
See how it does with the stress test and WATCH your temps.

AND..... of course if you are currently over clocking anything (CPU, GPU, Memory)..... stop it!!

Reaction score
A lot of times these errors have to do with corrupt video drivers, or failing or overheating a graphics card. Although it could be anything hardware or driver related. If you've reinstalled Windows and it still happens, it's sounds like failing hardware.

Troubles advice is a good place to start. I'd start with memtest first, to eliminate a bad stick of ram. If you get errors, you'll have to run the test with individual sticks to figure out which is the culprit.

Then I'd stress test the gpu. Furmark is good as is Heaven Benchmark.

Reaction score
If it wasn't doing it prior to installing Win 10 then I would say it is a driver issue. My system was doing the same thing before I went back to Win 7 and now my system is perfectly stable without all the issues that Win 10 brings to the table. I had whipped my drive and reinstalled with the same issues coming back to life the whole time I was running Win 10.

Ask a Question