Is there a free program to clean up my computer?

Reaction score
there are a lot of software available on the internet. Everyone said that they are best....so I'm a little confused here about which one I should choose to clean up junk files.

So, can anyone suggest or share their experience in which software or tool is the best fit?

Thanks in Advance

Reaction score
I always use the Windows built in tool (disk cleanup) for cleaning up. It does a really good job IMHO. External tools, although free, are limited in function so they can sell you their product.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I use and continue to use Ccleaner. It's free and does an outstanding job. Don't mess with the registry part of software.

Reaction score
See also. :)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Most users want a one click and done type of cleaning. With Windows disk clean up....one must know what they are box checking and unchecking in there.

Personally, I don't like having to sift through a bunch of sub windows. I've been using Ccleaner for almost a decade now and other than me doing stuff...trial and error cleaning with in said software, it works flawlessly.

Reaction score
CCleaner is the best tool for Disk Cleanup.
The built-in Windows Disk Cleaner is good as well.
I cannot name any other tool other than these two.
Among the two, rely on Windows Disk Cleanup.

Reaction score
There is also "Storage" in Settings > System > Storage, how good that is over Disk Clean or CCleaner remains to be seen?. Check out the other settings by clicking on "Manage Storage Space". :)

1593785655311.png

Reaction score
I use all three-CCleaner, disk cleanup, and free up storage monthly. No matter what sequence I run them in, each finds something the other two didn't. No problems running all three so far.

Reaction score
there are a lot of software available on the internet. Everyone said that they are best....so I'm a little confused here about which one I should choose to clean up junk files.

So, can anyone suggest or share their experience in which software or tool is the best fit?

Thanks in Advance
I would like to suggest on my personal experience Advanced System Optimizer is the best...but it's not completely free...it gives you free trial to check its features.

Reaction score
I use PrivaZer and find it reliable but the Clean Register box I leave unticked as a precaution. It is free though a donation is requested but not pushed. Updates are regular.

Reaction score
There is no need to purchase any software to clean junk files, you can clean the junk files on your own.
For more info:-

Reaction score
There is no need to purchase any software to clean junk files, you can clean the junk files on your own.
For more info:-
A good start into cleaning, but, there are other unwanted items apart from the cache. I agree with your text, though. Every two weeks or so I clean manually - temps etc. including those from the internet. Takes five minutes of your time but a feeling of satisfaction.
In reality, and assuming you do not try out 3rd party software, there is little need to clean at all. Whilst some is determined by accumulation, most is automatically removed within a time period.

Reaction score
A good start into cleaning, but, there are other unwanted items apart from the cache. I agree with your text, though. Every two weeks or so I clean manually - temps etc. including those from the internet. Takes five minutes of your time but a feeling of satisfaction.
In reality, and assuming you do not try out 3rd party software, there is little need to clean at all. Whilst some is determined by accumulation, most is automatically removed within a time period.
Also, there are various Antivirus programs that offer temp and junk file cleaning features. This is another way of cleaning residual files.

Reaction score
I've used different one's, and some of them find catona cookies even though it's turned off..but ccleaner always finds bing cookies even though I don't use bing search..now I've been told ccleaner has Avast running in the background from what I gather, reporting all the time?.

Reaction score
Hi Iceboy,

did you install Avast yourself??????. Or was it simply installed when installing CCleaner????. :)

Reaction score
I think it was ccleaner that installed the Avast bit, and I always look when I install stuff..but this never came up. They all give different results though..I tried one and after I cleaned the pc, I did it again and it found the same stuff that it had just got rid of:rolleyes:

Ask a Question