Freezing Windows 10

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
So I have a Asus notebook PRO66IC laptop
And I just updated My laptop from windows 7 to windows 10
The probleme is that It keep freezing before the login screen even safemode isnt working i spammed f8 but no response sometimes after 2 days of no usage the laptop works but if it goes sleep or shutdown it doesn't work after ,but if i restart the laptop works i had the same probleme in windows 7 And I cant log to bios because f2 isn't working (keyboard probleme) I watched every tutorial but no one works And before login i get i black screen before the freezing windows logo
(not blocked) for about 5-10 min with no cursor and i get the pxe-e61 probleme but my hardrive works and another probleme called pxe-m0f
Hope someone answer me and Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Sohail,

have you tried disabling sleep?.

Another alternative is the following, it would help if you back up your files before starting though!. :)

Reaction score
Hello ,
I already updated my pc and i chosen to delete all the files and reset settings..
But i still have the probleme.

It keeps freesing and is really uncontrollable because my cursor Freezing too much i tried to log in but i could'nt and the f8 is not working .

After 5min on windows starting logo my pc gave me the automatic repair option, so i restarted my pc and did not boot in automatic repair...

Sometimes when the pc was in windows 7 if the pc was left in cold temperature it would work and it didn't work rn.

Sohail

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sounds like an overheating problem. For starters, open the co puter and , withba small clean paintbrush, clen it out. In particular, clean the cpu fan.

Reaction score
This freeze issue started on me with last upgrade to19631. at freeze I use ctrl+alt+del let the screen opens that cause all othr running to pause. wait 3 to 5 s. close task manager, then unpause what ever you want to run... this currently fixed my FREEZE issue.

Reaction score
This freeze issue started on me with last upgrade to19631. at freeze I use ctrl+alt+del let the screen opens that cause all othr running to pause. wait 3 to 5 s. close task manager, then unpause what ever you want to run... this currently fixed my FREEZE issue.
Have you reported that freezing on your Insider Preview computer in Microsoft's Feedback, maybe someone else has and they are working on a fix.

Reaction score
nope it only happened once. so have not been able to duplicate. so not a reliable.

Reaction score
Hello,
Sorry for not posting this last month...

So after my last post I tried to boot my laptop and it was working and to avoid the issue again i didn't shut down my pc ... I just restart it if i need to, after 1 week i missclicked the button restart and clicked shutdown and ending up not booting correctly again(Lagging,freezing).

I opened my pc i removed the dust from the fans i didnt completly open them and still didn't work.

Reaction score
you think it is heat related? does not sound like it to me... but one never know, sounds more like a memory related, or HHD issue.
the difference in Shutdown and restart is "shutdown closes all programs, while restart does not." so a memory issue. caused by some program not working proper... would recommend shutdown with SafeMode. then do a detailed start with boot log. that will give you a log of what program did not start properly or failed to start.

Reaction score
Hi
So it freezes even in safemode .
And also before desktop screen it starts freezing from the windows logo dots .
I tried automatic repair and it didn't work.

And how do i launch the boot log ?

Reaction score
by chance have you overclocked the CPU, or GPU. which is a common cause for FREEZE. or another program that is set to use GROSS memory to start, such as MALWARE scanner, or reg defrag, if you set safemode then you have to set in SafeMode.
The boot log is stored in the file C:\Windows\ntbtlog.txt and can be opened with your favorite text editor app like Notepad.
1591718363651.png

you also might check the even viewer and see if any notations there - also the minidmp which you can attach here so that we might READ the actual ERRORs and what it mean...
C:/Windows/Minidump

Last edited:

Ask a Question