Windows 10 Freezing a few minutes after start up, everytime

Vin

Reaction score
I just recently bought a new computer case for myself and finished putting all my components into the case. I've checked to make sure that my hdd and ssd are connected completely and powered. Sadly everytime i start the computer i get to the windows loading screen and then the computer freezes. Currently the computer is frozen at the "Preparing Automatic repair" screen. Im not to sure what i can do at this point all help is welcomed for im not to sure what to do. Thank you in advanced, and happy holidays!

Reaction score
Did you try booting the system outside the case first? It's best to disconnect everthing not needed to boot, including the hdd's. Make sure you can boot to the bios first. Then connect the system hdd/ssd and see if it boots. If not try one stick of ram at a time. You just have to go through and troubleshoot each individual piece of hardware.

Reaction score
Hi Vin,

if BigFeets's sugestion fails, you can also boot from your recovery partition (or a USB stick/DVD) and run setup as if you were doing a new install, choose "Upgrade" and re-install W10, all your files will then be in a a folder called "Windows.old", you can copy and paste your files to the new folders (docs, pics etc) and then delete the "Windows.old" folder, it should overwrite the system files and hopefully reset your system!. DO NOT FORMAT YOUR C:/ DRIVE!. :)

Ask a Question