SOLVED windows 10 freezing and black screen

Reaction score
So i dident really know how to explane this on the title but it is soemting to do hdd crashing or freezing black screen and someting like that.
So here what happens ,every time i log on or restat my pc its all normal at the start but after 5-10 min when my programs all loaded it will happen allways sudenly it will just like pop up black screen,(well actualy its more like dark gary)and seems my hdd have stop working (crashed)so i have to restart again but next restart it can allso recover it self or it might not and i have to restart it again and again untill black screen,gray screen will recocer it self usualy takes 2-3 restarts and everything will work normaly with out any more crashes or black screens untill the next restart or log on,yes it allso happens when i but it just a pc sleep for night and next morning log on and it happens again.

So im sure its not a overheading grapics card since i can see my temerature on the taskbar and it will only over head its its goes over 100c+ ,so its just ticking on 30-40c

i am thinking it might be virus or some unwanted process on the processes,or some windows corupted file mabye i dont really know

would be nice to get some help ,or if anyone else have had this proublem and find solution or mabye give some good advise what spyware,i should use to scan,i have tryed hitman pro,super antispayware,cc cleaner,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi herkz,

Welcome to the Forum.

30 - 40C is perfectly fine temperature wise, so I doubt its an overheating issue you are experiencing.

It could be a corrupt or unsigned Display driver causing this.

A simple way to check whether there is an issue would be to boot the computer into Safe mode then after signing in, wait and see whether the computer crashes and screen goes Grey.

When you next login to the computer giving you the trouble, do the following:
  • Right-click on Start and select Run
  • In the Run dialog type msconfig then click OK
  • In the window that opens select the Boot tab then place a check in the box next to Safe boot
  • Click OK and when prompted allow computer to shut down and restart.
Upon restart it will take you the Safe Mode lockscreen. Enter the password you normally sign in with here.

Now wait to see if machine crashes or not. In the minimal Safe Boot mode there is no internet connection, but feel free to open other programs to put pressure on the system.

If it does crash and you are forced to restart then you'll end up at the Safe mode desktop again. If it does not crash then you are all ready in the Safe mode desktop.

To stop it continually booting to Safe mode simply right-click on Start and select Run

In the run dialog type msconfig and click OK

In the window that opens select the Boot tab then remove check from box next to Safe boot and click OK

Restart computer

If all went fine in Safe mode (i.e. no crashes) then its quite probable your Display driver is causing the issue. While logged back in to normal Desktop with internet connection, right-click on Start and select Device Manager. In the Device Manager window expand the Display Adaptors then right click on your video card listed there and select Update driver

If a newer version is available you'll soon know and hopefully an install of the newer one will resolve things.

Report back on how you go, as there are other things we can do, like go directly online to the manufacturer website for your Graphic chipset, or Card, to check there if there are any updates.

We could also investigate whether your computer could update its BIOS which may be the cause too.

If the problem is not solved it would help if you let us know what Display Adapter you actually have on the computer. Also any other information about your computer, such as, Desktop / Laptop, Model number, Brand, what OS you are running [ type winver ] in the run dialog and press click OK to see what Version and Build number you have, and whether its Home, Professional or Enterprise edition ].​

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
Great to hear kerkz.

Give it a day to make sure its resolved, and if it is, then return to this thread and click the Mark Thread as Solved link.

Ask a Question