Freezing of various programmes on Laptop

Reaction score
Hi,

Had been having various problems with laptop which resulted in me using my recovery USB.

I have a Acer Aspire 3 with Windows 10.

Once the recovery was complete the laptop has had the same issues it had been having prior to the recovery. These were:

Cortana Freezing intermittently
Search bar freezing intermittently
Google Chrome freezing intermittently with web pages freezing before opening website
Taking ages for webpages to load even though have good speed of internet (checked through speedtest)
General Freezing of different programmes intermittently
Generally slow to boot
Slow when opening programmes

There is nothing on the computer in terms of files clogging up the system which could cause it to freeze.
I have performed a virus check and it is completely clean.
I am at a total loss what to do. The laptop is only 2 months old and had been working fine up until a few days ago and had been incredibly fast.

I would be so grateful if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reaction score
Two things to do, one is right-click the Win10 Start button then click System, post in a reply the data about the computer and Windows. The second is to press the Windows key along with the R key, type winver, post exactly the entire line that mentions Version and Build numbers.

Reaction score
Also, if you have two (2) RAM sticks, check your manual and (after switching the laptop off and removing the battery) remove one of the RAM sticks, put the battery back in and boot, repeat the process with the other stick and see if anything happens. ;) If there is no problem or the problem remains, then at least you will know whether the RAM is in order or not. :)

Reaction score
Try using the system in safe mode and see the performance , As the system is new i am very much sure that theres is some problem with the software configuaration.

Also let us know since how long you are facing this issue.

Reaction score
Also, if you have two (2) RAM sticks, check your manual and (after switching the laptop off and removing the battery) remove one of the RAM sticks, put the battery back in and boot, repeat the process with the other stick and see if anything happens. ;) If there is no problem or the problem remains, then at least you will know whether the RAM is in order or not. :)
The Acer Aspire 3 does not have an easily removable battery. The entire laptop needs to be taken apart.

Ask a Question