SOLVED Is there an app that can be set to bring up the same 9 websites, in order, I bring up every a.m.?

Reaction score
There seems to be an app that can do almost anything. Surely there is one that I could click in the a.m. after my laptop starts up that would open the same 9 websites or pages, in the same order, I start out with each morning. I don't think my online connection is particularly fast or slow, but with many off-line tasks to perform in the morning I have to either plant myself in front of my laptop and open these things one-by-one or keep circling by my laptop to get this done while I am trying to do other things, like fixing coffee to bring me out of my half-asleep zombie state.
Thank you for your time!
Tom
Dell, Windows 10, Chrome

Reaction score
Hi Tom,

if you use MS Edge (Chrome version), click on Edge Settings (3 dots at the top right of Edge browser) > On startup > Open specific page or pages. :)

1614848515635.png

Reaction score
There seems to be an app that can do almost anything. Surely there is one that I could click in the a.m. after my laptop starts up that would open the same 9 websites or pages, in the same order, I start out with each morning. I don't think my online connection is particularly fast or slow, but with many off-line tasks to perform in the morning I have to either plant myself in front of my laptop and open these things one-by-one or keep circling by my laptop to get this done while I am trying to do other things, like fixing coffee to bring me out of my half-asleep zombie state.
Thank you for your time!
Tom
Dell, Windows 10, Chrome
To add, such a process may not keep them in order, would depend upon how long it takes the browser to reach the site and how long it takes for the response to get back.

Reaction score
Just browsing the forum and for what it's worth I'll throw in my two cents (although we don't use pennies anymore in Canada). I do a lot of genealogy research online and I may have as many a a dozen tabs open and if I run out of time I just shut down my browser with multiple tabs open and the next day when I open it, all my same tabs are there again. I am using Opera browser for that and it does that automatically - I don't have to tell it to do that somewhere in the settings. It does give me a popup when I shut down (which I could turn off if I wanted to) telling me it will reopen the tabs next time. (Plus they have some cool wallpaper backgrounds too!)

I use Edge as my default for some of my browsing but for the genealogy with all the tabs I prefer Opera.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7.1 KB · Views: 63
Reaction score
Hi Tom,

if you use MS Edge (Chrome version), click on Edge Settings (3 dots at the top right of Edge browser) > On startup > Open specific page or pages. :)

View attachment 13288

Hi Tom,

View attachment 13288

Reply to all who have answered me so far. I don't know what it says about a person who is slightly annoyed each morning opening the same 9 windows because he's got tons of other chores to get going on for the day, while he keeps having to loop back around to his laptop until all the windows are called up--and yet on any given day there are problems of much higher priority I must get to first, until the day is done? However I will get back to this problem in May and I'm sure one or all of your generous suggestions will solve it. Can't thank you enough! --Tom

Reaction score
Hi Tom,

View attachment 13288
Reply to all who have answered me so far. I don't know what it says about a person who is slightly annoyed each morning opening the same 9 windows because he's got tons of other chores to get going on for the day, while he keeps having to loop back around to his laptop until all the windows are called up--and yet on any given day there are problems of much higher priority I must get to first, until the day is done? However I will get back to this problem in May and I'm sure one or all of your generous suggestions will solve it. Can't thank you enough! --Tom
To add, such a process may not keep them in order, would depend upon how long it takes the browser to reach the site and how long it takes for the response to get back.
In addition, pin the tabs, then they will always be in the same order (at least in chromium based browsers).

Reaction score
Just browsing the forum and for what it's worth I'll throw in my two cents (although we don't use pennies anymore in Canada). I do a lot of genealogy research online and I may have as many a a dozen tabs open and if I run out of time I just shut down my browser with multiple tabs open and the next day when I open it, all my same tabs are there again. I am using Opera browser for that and it does that automatically - I don't have to tell it to do that somewhere in the settings. It does give me a popup when I shut down (which I could turn off if I wanted to) telling me it will reopen the tabs next time. (Plus they have some cool wallpaper backgrounds too!)

I use Edge as my default for some of my browsing but for the genealogy with all the tabs I prefer Opera.

Ask a Question