Keyboard not working in safe mode

Reaction score
So I just built a brand new gaming pc, and there was a black screen on the monitor because I didn't plug it into the graphics card and instead on the IO shield. I decided to turn the pc onto safe mode but then I realized I plugged the hdmi into the wrong place. I fixed the graphics card issue but my pc is still in safe mode. After I log into the computer and try to type in the bottom left box to turn safe mode off, the keyboard doesn't work. I then tried going to update and security but the tab just crashed. Could anyone explain how to fix this in easy steps because I am sort of a newbie to pc building.

Reaction score
One thing to consider is whether the motheboard BIOS has USB set for Legacy. The BIOS provides support for USB 2 but the OS/Operation System provides support/drivers for USB 3, although newer board setups may be different, have seen computers have USB ports that are combination USB 2 and USB 3. Choosing the correct USB port can be important. It may help to use a PS/2 keyboard for making the changes. Safe Mode frequently does not load all the drivers for motherboard devices or add-in cards, needs the OS for that.

Ask a Question