SOLVED Keyboard Stops Working when Sound is Played.

Reaction score
The headset im using doesnt have an output like the realtek which I thought was a bit strange
I'm still trying to get my head around what type of output a headset has other than what is heard in one's ears, usually they only accept data from the sound adapter, but then I'm not in a place to see a variety of them [too far away at 120 miles or 170 miles].

Might try a less-expensive keyboard as they usually don't have audio controls on them so couldn't cause issues with the sound.

Reaction score
The indications in your attachment are correct. Any wired devices will show Realtek.

I hate to bring this up but have you ever had any situation regarding virus infections? I just got some information from my anti-virus provider regarding keyloggers. It mentions, in some circumstance, you might see performance issues when one was active.

It still feel, somehow, the resources of the sound and keyboard must be related somehow and the sound is taking priority. A keyboard does normally have such things as volume control keys so it does have an effect on sound playback. You may try another keyboard or use the onscreen keyboard.

You could also leave the Task Manger open to the performance and see if any spikes in CPU utilization show up when the keyboard stops. If you were to notice any system wide delay when sound was played, it might be an indication the system was having performance problems.

I to have an anti virus and it hasn't detected any virus from recent downloads. And when I plug in the headset, Sound is played normally. But right when the sound is played, the keyboard stops working when sound is played. I think your theory is right about the mic prioritizing over the keyboard. Would you like any statistics?

Reaction score
Somehow I missed the earlier part about the mic so would wonder if the Speech to Text feature is involved, after all if one is going to talk their text wouldn't want the keyboard involved, could screw things up so it gets turned off.

Reaction score
Somehow I missed the earlier part about the mic so would wonder if the Speech to Text feature is involved, after all if one is going to talk their text wouldn't want the keyboard involved, could screw things up so it gets turned off.

? Is there any solution to the issue?

Ask a Question