SOLVED Laptop keyboard

Reaction score
After the latest 10 updates my Toshiba laptop key board has lost 1,2 and the space bar - and 3 and 4 are now volume up and down.
Can't find any update that refers to hardware only synaptics pointing device driver update which is not shown in program updates. so I can't unload it.

Any help please.- had to type this on an old compaq

Reaction score
It is possible the keyboard layout has changed region. I have no idea why, but, have a look.
Right click the start select the control panel and then "Language" and then "Options". See if there is any reason to change the input method

Reaction score
Have checked Language and it is uk-english and the sample format is still our normal layout. As the space bar is not part of language selection I think it must be something else.
Thanks for your input though.

Reaction score
Plug in an external keyboard and see if it has the same problem. If it does, it is a Windows setting. If it works right, then it is likely the notebook's keyboard. Could just need a blast of compressed air.

Reaction score
try rolling back the driver.
Right click the start menu and select the device manager.
Open the "keyboards" there may be more than one. Right click and select properties and see if you can roll back to a previous driver.

Reaction score
If Windows has not offered, then I would guess there is probably not one. Bu, One last thing. It could be a corrupted driver. Unlikely, but delete the driver(s) an reboot

Reaction score
Couldn't find an external keyboard so went to a local computer repair shop. They downloaded a synaptics pointing device driver direct from the Toshiba site. This resolved the problem UNTIL I restarted the laptop and it had downloaded the previous driver again and the error was back again. Now I had a previous version so I rolled it back and the laptop now performs ok.

Ask a Question