SOLVED Laptop USB 3 Expresscard and windows 10

Reaction score
I have a 17" Toshiba satellite P500 laptop and replaced the hard drive with a 500Gb SSD and installed windows 10
all works fine. But I would like to have USB 3 ports. I now have only USB 2 ports I had a look on the internet for an USB 3 Expresscard with 2 or 3 ports
I am aware that they need an external powersupply, but they only come with drivers for Windows 8 or lower
Is anyone aware of an USB 3 card with windows 10 drivers or tried windows 8 drivers on windows 10

Reaction score
Most W8 drivers work with Windows 10. But not all. So I recommend you contact the manufacturer of any product you are considering and ask them specifically if their device works with Windows 10. And be sure to specify the bit-rate of your Windows too (32 or 64-bit).

Do remember to take advantage of USB 3.0 higher speeds, the device you connect to the USB 3.0 port must also be USB 3.0. And yet, most USB devices don't need that kind of bandwidth to work seamlessly.

Reaction score
Hey John, EXACT same story here! Same laptop, replaced hdd with ssd, windows 10, want usb 3...!
Searching everywhere, but cannot find a windows 10 compatible card...
Please let me know if you find anything, I will do the same!

Reaction score
Yeah, it does specifically say W10 compatible so that is good. But it is pricy. I note Newegg US has it for $35. But I would have to really "need" USB 3.0 to get that - especially considering any new notebook I might be getting will already have 3.0 - plus there are few peripherals that need that extra bandwidth.

Newegg UK has it for £24.99.

Reaction score
I bought this one from ebay 111136994463 and it works. I traded my Win 7 for 10 by doing a fresh install, then entering my Win 7 CoA.

Ask a Question