SOLVED Linux

Reaction score
Final.
Ok. I launched the thread, expecting some suggestions and feedback, and certainly got it.

Having now had suggestions for ten alternative Linux distributions, it strengthens my view that they are all very much the same, at the root.

I have now tried 6 of them, and played with a couple of BSDs. As always, I ran into a few surmountable problems, probably to do with my lack of experience. Downloaded a few of the third part offering, some with incomprehensible names, but ended up disappointed.
,I have finally convinced myself that Linux is not for me!

Reaction score
Hey davehc,

If I may make a suggestion.

Have you a spare desktop computer give Linux Mint 18 Sarah Xfce a try.
It's very new to Linux user friendly and also uses very little system resources.
It is also a very solid long term Linux distro supported until 2021.

iso download.
https://www.linuxmint.com/download_all.php

documentation.
https://www.linuxmint.com/documentation.php
Final.
Ok. I launched the thread, expecting some suggestions and feedback, and certainly got it.

Having now had suggestions for ten alternative Linux distributions, it strengthens my view that they are all very much the same, at the root.

I have now tried 6 of them, and played with a couple of BSDs. As always, I ran into a few surmountable problems, probably to do with my lack of experience. Downloaded a few of the third part offering, some with incomprehensible names, but ended up disappointed.
,I have finally convinced myself that Linux is not for me!

Reaction score
Thanks poorguy. I'll give my enthusiasm a rest until it builds up again.

Ask a Question