Local user remains after deletion

Reaction score
I am a new user to Windows 10. I needed to delete the first profile that had been set up as the person had left the charity I work with. I followed the directions to delete the user. All fine except the MS login has gone but the local id remains and is the first profile on the login screen. I have to skip it to get to the live user profiles. Is this a bug. I have run Delprof2. Nothing is found for this user and its not listed under users anywhere.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type
net user
hit enter
Do you see the problem account listed??
If so then you could simply disable it by typing
net user UserName /active:no (where UserName is the actual user name of the problem account)
hit enter
You need to be absolutely sure that you are dealing with the proper account so as not to disable a different admin user account that you would need going forward.

Reaction score
Thanks. No.The user does not show here. Other named users only plus administrator, guest and Default Account. Any other suggestions? It seems like the user no longer exists but for some reason Windows thinks it does and loads it on start up.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check
Settings -> Accounts -> Family & other users
Is it still listed there?

Ask a Question