Locked hard drive wont let me reset win 10

Reaction score
something happened and I am unable to reset my acer computer back with files. is says that my hard drive is locked with windows and will not let me do anything? it does allow me to get to screen with options but does nothing except the hard drive is locked. Help

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
it does allow me to get to screen with options but does nothing except the hard drive is locked. Help
On the "screen with options" is Startup Settings one of those options?
IF so have you tried that and after clicking restart, tried option #4 "Safe Mode" to see if that works?

Reaction score
The hard drive locked message may be because you are trying to reset one version of Win 10 with another version.

Do you know what version of reset media you have relative to the one currently installed on the drive?

Reaction score
The hard drive locked message may be because you are trying to reset one version of Win 10 with another version.

Do you know what version of reset media you have relative to the one currently installed on the drive?
does not let me do anything when i try to reset

Reaction score
How much free space do you have available on your HD? I believe MS Win 10 reserves something like 2-300Mb for updates and apps...

Reaction score
How much free space do you have available on your HD? I believe MS Win 10 reserves something like 2-300Mb for updates and apps...
I believe Win 10 is the biggest mistake you all made, it makes Vista look impressive, how bad can that be. I use Win 7, we don't have a forum - because it works. I come here and look at all the problems posted, it's amazing. Guess it's true, you get what you paid for. It was free, just hand over your computers for free to MS.

Ask a Question