Log on as administrator

Reaction score
Hi,

how do I get Win10 to recognize the fact that I am an administrator? I am listed as an administrator in Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts.

The reason I ask is that somehow a program call "MPC Cleaner" has managed, uninvited, to get into my system, and all attempts to get rid of it are met with the usual "....administrator...." messages. I've tried all ways, straight forward deletion, entering the folder via command prompt (which renders "access denied" even after the "attrib -r" command), and even the Avast Shredder is unable to touch it. To misquote Henry VIII, "who will rid me of this turbulent pest?"

Tony N

Reaction score
Henry II actually
Hi Tim,

history never was my strong point. Got sent out of class when in 6th Form (then the highest class) for falling asleep. Perhaps I should have made more of an effort to stay awake.

Interesting point, but doesn't help much with my problem.

Cheers
Tony N

Reaction score
I was wondering about enabling and logging on as THE Administrator but if Malwarebytes does it....

Reaction score
No. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Malware bytes should get rid of MPC Cleaner, which can sometimes be a trojan in disguise. The Administrator problem might then also be solved.

Ask a Question