Login screen does not accept input after sleep mode

Reaction score
From time to time, after opening my laptop from sleep mode, the login screen does not accept keyboard input, but does accept mouse input.
That goes for both the laptop keyboard/mousepad and the wireless keyboard/mouse.
There seem to be no pattern when the problem occur, but it is only after it has been in sleep mode over night.
I have to use the mouse (or prolonged depressing the power switch) to restart the laptop and then everything is ok.

It is a serious disturbance when I leave the laptop with work in progress.

Reaction score
Hi CounterMold,

I don't use it because it is a pain (under Linux as well!) but you can try looking at the following link:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sleep-mode/ :)

Hi Wolfie,
Thanks for your suggestion.
However, these fixes are about problems when entering sleep mode, not when returning from sleep mode.

Should you come across such fixes, I would really like to hear from you again :)

Reaction score
Hi CounterMold,

@Regedit32 wrote a reply about the same/similar problem recently, I am sure that he will help you when he gets this alert!. :)

Ask a Question