Logitec HD C525 Web Cam Not Recognized since upgrading to Windows 10 64-bit [ E

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am having a challenge for my lap top lenovo T400 USB to recognize the HD C525 Web Cam. It use to work when I ran OS Windows 7 now with the upgrade it won't work.

I have updated all the drivers univesal host contollers, PCI to USB Host controllers, USB root hubs.

I have uninstalled the Logitec drivers and installed clean drivers from the Logitec website still won't work. The software installs but the USB still does not recognize it.

I am not sure what else I can do?

My lap top is running 64 bit and I think the HD C525 is 32 bit this maybe why its not compatiable?

Will the HD C525 not run on the new Windows 10 OS?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Disconnect your webcam from the computer
Check Device Manager for any reference to your Logitech webcam.
Use the view menu to "Show hidden devices" look in the various categories including imaging devices as well as portable devices and anywhere else you think it might be hiding.
Right click it and choose uninstall, if prompted select remove drivers also.
According to this
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/hd-webcam-c525#download
That webcam is compatible with Windows 10 and that is the software package / drivers that it requires.
Reboot your computer
Plug the webcam back in and see what happens.

Reaction score
Disconnect your webcam from the computer
Check Device Manager for any reference to your Logitech webcam.
Use the view menu to "Show hidden devices" look in the various categories including imaging devices as well as portable devices and anywhere else you think it might be hiding.
Right click it and choose uninstall, if prompted select remove drivers also.
According to this
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/hd-webcam-c525#download
That webcam is compatible with Windows 10 and that is the software package / drivers that it requires.
Reboot your computer
Plug the webcam back in and see what happens.

I clicked on the link to install the C525 webcam driver on my Windows 10 system. Reasonably, I thought, I selected "Windows 10" from the drop down box, but the driver software complained it was not compatible with my system. So I clicked the link again, this time selecting ***Windows 7*** from the drop down box, and the driver installed successfully.

Reaction score
Starting with Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018 update), Microsoft changed the behavior of camera app access setting so that it affects desktop applications as well.

Step by step instructions to correct the issue.

Ask a Question