Logitech C270 webcam and HyperX headset mic stopped working.

Reaction score
Win10
Update 21H1 KB4023057

Webcam and headset microphone stopped working. Uninstalled and reinstalled cam software. Drivers are latest but went into registry to enable roll back however it didn't work (roll back greyed out). Headset and mic is selected as default in recording and playback device settings but no luck. Camera and microphone access via privacy settings enabled. I've been troubleshooting this all day without success. I'm a musician and online software instructor so this is pretty serious. Any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Are you saying that the webcam and mic stopped working after installing KB4023057?

If it were me, I would uninstall the webcam software completely, then use Device Manager to uninstall the webcam and mic - and delete their drivers. I would then reboot (Windows will use default drivers for the webcam and mic) and install the webcam software again (that should also install any updated drivers needed).

If that doesn't work I'd suggest uninstalling KB4023057, or rolling back to a restore point just before that, and rebooting. Then run a dism /online/ cleanup-image /checkhealth command. If that reports component store errors then run a dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command. Once you know the component store is clean then run an sfc /scannow command to check and repair your critical system files. If that reports errors found and corrected then reboot and try installing KB4023057 again, then see whether your webcam and mic were affected.

Ask a Question