Logitech G335 Headphones

KJJ

Reaction score
I recently purchased the subject headphone to use with my Gaming Laptop (Asus). The headphone comes with a mic that you supposedly can flip up to mute the mic and flip down to speak. I can’t get the mic to work when Skyping with friends…that is the up and down mic to mute or speak. Currently, I use the mic on/off button built into the AsusLaptop. I would rather use the flip up/down feature of the Logitech Headphone.

Any suggestions to remedy this situation??

Reaction score
Hello KJJ~

I personally have a Logitech Headset as well(G930) essentially the wireless( and slightly older) version of the headset you have. Mine DOES have the same ability yours does for the 'lift mic to mute'.

I ALSO have installed the Logitech Gaming (NOT G-Hub) Software and it does work fairly well. You MIGHT want to try that ... it IS an older version of the software .. but works BETTER... in my opinion and is easier to work with than the G-Hub software ...

As far as the 'Lift to mute' it DOES get 'flakey' from time to time and you have to do the 'flipping' a time or 2 for it to 'catch' right. I have found this to be the case with different iterations of Logitech as well as other branded headsets that have this ability.

I would ALSO check to MAKE SURE that you didn't accidentally hit the mute button on the headset itself when utilizing the 'lift to mute' feature.

Here is the link to get the older version of the software that I mentioned above if you happen to be using the G-Hub and find it a but of a pain to use..https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025298053-Logitech-Gaming-Software

MAKE SURE you uninstall the G-Hub software first if you decide to go with the gaming software.

Mind you I'm NOT 100% SURE if it will work with your headset but its a thought to check out if you would like to. You MAY very well get prompts to update to the G-Hub software from time to time OR that the older software doesn't work with your headset.

Best of luck.
LoneWolf

KJJ

Reaction score
Thanks Lonewolf,
No luck at my end....will continue to mute mic using using laptop button. Thanks for responding.

Reaction score
Thanks Lonewolf,
No luck at my end....will continue to mute mic using using laptop button. Thanks for responding.
KJJ~

Sorry, that didn't work for you ...

That being the case... it SOUNDS like something 'inherently' wrong with the component itself.

The only OTHER thing I COULD suggest is (if you can) Calling them and explaining your issue in AS MUCH detail as you can ... I Have done this on multiple occasions and HAVE had some good to great results with it ..everything from something simple like a potential software adjustment to ACTUALLY having to RMA due to ...potential... product defect.

I have had thru the years ..and currently do have multiple Logitech Peripherials .. and whenever I have had MAJOR issues that I could not readily solve... I call them direct .. and 90% of the time that I have contacted them they HAVE been quite helpful in solving the issue.

Case in point... I ended up having what was actually a 'product defect' at one point(many years ago). I thoroughly explained the situation and they just outright sent me a NEWER product .. WITHOUT having to send the old one back.

Logitech Phone Support Numbers.
(Local) 646-454-3200
(Toll Free) 866-632-5644

Just a thought is all :) :)
LoneWolf

KJJ

Reaction score
Thanks Lonewolf…will call customer support as you suggest. Will post again after discussion with Logitech.

Ask a Question