Lost Administrator Account

Bob

Reaction score
Hi, my son has deleted the master administrator accounts on my laptop and I am unable to restore the accounts.

How do I get the Windows 10 to reinstall the Operating system and recover the accounts?

No I cannot do it via restore or refresh as you need administrator facilities to perform these tasks.

Reaction score
What are " master administrator accounts " ( plural ) ?

Are you talking about the built-in Admin account ?
If so, there is only one, singular.
If you lost the built-in admin account, it's easy to re-enable it.
If you mean something else, then I would need further elaboration.

What account type you are now using ?
Does it have any admin privileges, such as installing updates, change settings create new user accounts etc etc etc ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi....may as well leap on this thread, as opposed to starting one of my own!!

Foolishly....I've managed to lose access to the admin account I've always used...and now, user account control prevents me from doing virtually ANYTHING...:(

I've heard of this hiiden admin account....is this the way forward....or must I reinstall??

Kev/Leeds/UK

Reaction score
I've heard of this hiiden admin account....is this the way forward....or must I reinstall??

Short answer : reinstall.

In order to enable the "hidden" admin account, you need to use the elevated command prompt, in order to use the elevated command prompt, you have to have admin rights which you said you do not have.

Ask a Question