Mail Program

Reaction score
Does win 10 support Live Mail? I just bought this new convertible laptop with Win 10 and was wondering what to use for my email. I have Live Mail on my 3 other PC's and I want to be able to read my mail on this also.
I get 5 accounts with my service provider so I would like to add one on this also.
Thanks

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Jacksnewhp,

Windows 10 comes with its own Mail app.

However, if you wish to you could install Windows Essentials 2012 and from there select to install Windows Live Mail. Something you need to note though, is the fact official support for Windows Live Mail has now ended, which means, while you can use it on your Windows 10 computer, you will no longer receive security updates for it.

Also, because support has ended, you can no longer download Windows Essential 2012 from Microsoft's website, so you will need to take the risk of downloading the offline installer from a non Microsoft website, and hope that site is not posting a file that has been manipulated to affect your security.

The Windows 10 Mail & Calendar app that comes pre-installed with Windows 10 will easily access emails from the live.com servers, and is easy to set up. You in my view would be wiser to use the new improved and security supported app, versus the older Windows Live Mail which while good has no official support from Microsoft now.

Reaction score
I tried to set up that in this pc but it won't work with my POP. I have to follow some weird settings for it to work in Live Mail.

Reaction score
You may need to change the server options Have a look at these three, in particular the security and server tabs.

Attachments

• Advanced.png
    Advanced.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 668
  • Servers.png
    Servers.png
    11 KB · Views: 638
  • Security.png
    Security.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 657
Reaction score
My old memory returns. You right click your account and select properties. Under the tabs are my pictures.

Reaction score
I found this Live Mail set up on Google. Hopefully the set up works for you.?

The Live.com email servers and settings are:
  1. Incoming: pop3.live.com.
  2. Outgoing: smtp.live.com.
  3. User Name is your entire email address eg. ...
  4. password: YourPassword.
  5. You need to turn on “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”
  6. Incoming Server Port: 995 (Requires SSL)
  7. Outgoing Server Port: 25 (Requires TLS)
Setting Up Live.com Pop and SMTP Internet Email Account Settings ...
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/.../setting-up-live-com-pop-and-smtp-internet-email-...

Reaction score
Do I need to get live mail? or just setup in the accounts? I have a bad provider because I live in the Boonies (Fairpoint.net)

Ask a Question