McAfee Malwarebytes is maybe malware?

Reaction score
I recently loaded Malwarebytes for a trial session. It now splashes a get Malwarebytes prompt on my screen about every minute. I have tried to delete its entire program but am prohibited because "folder in use" situation. How do I rid my machine of this parasitic nuisance?

Reaction score
To answer the Subject question, there's always been a nagging question over the years about who better to clean infections than the ones who created them.

I have a call to make tomorrow to remove McAfee from a ladies computer, she runs Trend Micro but this will be the third time some Web site she visits dumps McAfee Internet security on her computer. Or maybe her husband goes somewhere not so good.

"Folder in use" may possibly be removable by closing all programs including File Explorer, opening Task Manager and End Task on everything McAfee. Then using Settings and Apps [Programs and Features] to uninstall it. It is a persistent thing.

Reaction score
My way is to disconnect from the internet.You must disconnect so the program causing problems can not connect its web site.

Then delete all history list from the web browers you use. Uninstalling the program does not always clean it from your machine.
I then follow i follow up with a regedit .exe and search for the culprit for the offending program and then delete all keys for that program. you will have to search several times to remove it completely from the registry.
When you feel you have completed the task, by no more keys found for that program then reconnect to the internet.
If your not confident to search the registry then have some one to do the search for you who may have knowledge to do so.

Reaction score
I recently loaded Malwarebytes for a trial session. It now splashes a get Malwarebytes prompt on my screen about every minute. I have tried to delete its entire program but am prohibited because "folder in use" situation. How do I rid my machine of this parasitic nuisance?
Try uninstalling it ..

Reaction score
HANKMARS... Where did you download your install application from? I installed the program from the Malwarebytes link and had no problems! As usual.

Ask a Question