SOLVED Message says downloaded but Updates Failed

Reaction score
One of my computers has been determined to be "good to go" and the download is ready to be installed. However, when I checked the history of updates I see that the Windows 10 Update has been tried 10 times and each one is labeled "failed". What should I do? Thank you to anyone who can provide me with some guidance.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
My guidance would be to continue to wait.
Microsoft still has this announcement up on many of their own community forums.
Announcements.jpg

If you have checked with the Get Windows 10 App (GWX.exe) and it states that you have no (zero) compatibility issues, there are a couple resources you can use to acquire the necessary files to perform the upgrade from, but...
Beware..... they don't always go as one would hope, which you can plainly see if you have been browsing this and other Windows 10 forums on the net.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
AND OR
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Please make every effort in advance to keep safe and protect your critical personal data. I strongly recommend a full Disk Image.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

Reaction score
Just to make sure we are on the same page, my PC checkup indicates I'm am good to go. It shows that there are no compatibility issues. It says windows 10 has been downloaded and I should install it. But when I look at the update history it shows that windows 10 has failed to install eleven times. So what is it I should wait for? Obviously something is not working properly and I don't know what I should be doing to get the upgrade installed.

Reaction score
Another thought on my earlier post. Could my Norton 360 be blocking the install process? If so how do I fix that?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Personally I would definitely uninstall any and all third party security suites until after the upgrade.
As far as waiting many people are still waiting some are only getting the upgrade as we speak.
I sense that it is a very big queue.
I provided links if you don't want to wait.
The rest is up to you.

Reaction score
Personally I would definitely uninstall any and all third party security suites until after the upgrade.
As far as waiting many people are still waiting some are only getting the upgrade as we speak.
I sense that it is a very big queue.
I provided links if you don't want to wait.
The rest is up to you.

Ask a Question