Drive Locked..message Says "please Unlock Drive"

Reaction score
I can't upgrade to Windows 10 because when I load it it won't install as it says I must unlock drive and then continue.

Frankly, I have bought a MAC and don't care too much whether my back up computer (Windows 7 professional) does or doesn't go to Windows 10. It seems to me I used to, before having the MAC, spend most of my work day trying to solve Windows mysteries.

However if there is an easy answer to unlocking my drive, I will try again. Otherwise, Windows 7 will have to be my "back-up computer" operating system??????

Reaction score
I have seen a "Drive Locked" message with regard to using different OSes and trying to access one install with a different version. I have not seen it when related to just doing a W10 upgrade from within an install.

If it isn't that, are you running any software on the Windows 7 install which may keep changes from being possible, like drive locker or perhaps some anti-virus or imaging software?

Is this situation related to an Apple system at all?

Ask a Question