Microphone Boost Disappeared for USB

Reaction score
I have an odd situation with Microphone Boost

It's there when I plug into the audio jack thru a splitter, but it no longer there when I use the USB port through a Donegal

Odder still, Microphone Boost used to work thru the USB port, and the “boost” amplification that I added is still there. But I can no longer see the Boost slider or make further adjustments.

Let me illustrate thru pictures.

Here is a three picture sequence for the splitter

Boost slider is visible

As illustrated, when I got in thru the audio plug, everything seems fine

But now, through the USB:

But, here's the issue, no Boost control is visible:

How can it work thru the audio jack, and no longer work through the USB?

Any ideas how I can get Boost back for the USB?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are there any dedicated drivers for that USB audio device? What's the make/model of it?

It could be that Windows is using some sort of generic audio drivers for the USB dongle, but if you get the official ones then it may be supported.

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Below is a picture of the Device Manager. I opened two categories, "Audio Inputs and Outputs" and "Sound, Video and game controllers". Do any of the drivers therein seem to be likely culprits? If not, do you see any other likely categories?

Again, the weird thing was that it for the USB/Donegal input,the boost control WAS once visible. Maybe when I did a "Window Update", Microsoft slipped in a driver that didn't work.

I use "Realtek" on my Window 7 machine. Do you think installing it here will solve the problem?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure which of those devices it may be (I doubt it's the AMD one) - however, if you can let me know the model number or name of the USB dongle then I may be able to find the drivers for you. Is there any writing on the device that may help identify it?

Reaction score
Here is the description of the device from EBAY, where I bought it:

Black External USB 2.0 to 3D Virtual Audio Sound Card Adapter Converter 7.1 CH

Brand New KYPE HEADSET V5.1 blk USB 3D SOUND CARD AUDIO ADAPTER

Features

• The USB 2.0 sound card that provides an amazing audio accessory for any computer with a USB port. It is equipped with standard input and output connectors to add great stereo input and output performance.
  • Full Compliance with the USB 1.1 and USB 2.0;Plug and Play.
  • Brand New;Color may differ (Never used)

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 274

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional information. Unfortunately, I can't find any chipset details or drivers for that module - it looks like a generic device that relies on built-in Windows drivers alone. Hopefully someone else here will have some additional ideas.

Ask a Question