Microphone/Headphones problem

Reaction score
Hey guys !
so I have one jack input for both microphone and headphones and I the problem is that only one of them works and not both at the same time . I had only the headphones working in the beginning I uninstalled the driver and restared the pc then I got the microphone working ( I knew because when I check is Recording Devices I see green bars going up ) then Windows installed a driver automaticly and asked for a restart and I did , after that I got only the headphones working now and not the microphone .

How do I get them working both at the same time because I only have one input for both in my pc ??

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi maddxyz,

Welcome to the Forum

If I am reading your post correctly, at one point, reinstalling the original drivers resulted in both the Headphone and microphone worked, but after Windows auto updated the driver you can only get one thing to work.

Assuming I read that correctly, my advice would be to do as follows:
  • Right-click on Start and select Device Manager
  • Select the device in question and if possible choose roll back driver, but if that is not possible select update driver, then choose Browse my computer for driver software, then choose Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and then choose the original driver and apply the change.
  • Now before restarting computer download the attached file, scan with antivirus software, then right-click the download and select extract all, then run the enclosed .diagcab file
The file inside is called wushowhide.diagcab and is provided by Microsoft.

When you run it, it scans for updates (Similar to the Windows Update Service), but rather than immediately download them, you can check items that you want to hide and this will prevent the Windows Update Service from automatically downloading and updating your driver again, and thus prevent the loss of microphone and/or headphone use.

After running it, you can restart computer so the reinstalled driver changes can take affect, then all going well, your headset and microphone ought to work fine.​

Attachments

• wushowhide.zip
    42.9 KB · Views: 314
Reaction score
Sorry for the misunderstanding , But when I got the microphone working the headphones weren't working !

Ask a Question