Microphone Stops Working

Reaction score
When I am on a program like skype, teamspeak, discord or any voice chatting software after a while my friends won't respond to me and so I go check my microphone and it basically becomes irresponsive - when I speak the green bars that show audio is being detected don't move, infact don't even appear.

I then have to change to a different microphone in order to talk again but the mic I just used still doesn't work. SO then eventually with this different mic I chose, the same problem would happen AGAIN and it basically becomes an endless cycle. Sometimes all of them come irresponsive at the same time which leaves me unable to communicate. In my Recording options the mic isn't disabled.

I have had this problem for months and still to this day cannot seem to pin point the issue. There is nothing wrong with the actual microphones as it happens to all of them and also they are all new. It happens when I am gaming, or even when I'm not gaming but just trying to skype somebody.

I have no clue on what to do, would appreciate any help!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
How is the problem hardware connected to the computer?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would check device manager to see if it or the port that it is using is being allowed to turn off to save power

PowerMgmtTab.JPG

Ask a Question