Microphone not working on windows 10

Reaction score
For the past few months I have been having a problem with audio on my pc. When I plug in my headset (Realtek audio manager pops up) and only gives me the option of, line in, mic in, headphone. However if I choose mic in my speaker will not work as I cannot select it because it is blocked and the same goes when I choose headphone, there isn't an option for my microphone to work and again it is faded out in general manager and says that it is not connected. I have tried everything! I have even completely rebooted my pc and it still hasn't fixed the issue. Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Assuming you have not installed [ yourself, or Microsoft did it during a Update session ] an incompatible driver for your Realtek, the only thing that springs to mind is the Default settings are somehow changed.
  • Right-click on the speaker icon in your System tray ( Bottom Right side of screen ) and select Sounds
  • In the Sound dialog that opens, select the Playback tab
  • Right-click on your Speaker listed in this tab and select Set as default device

Note:
    If it already has the green tick, its already the selected default device

• Next, select the Recording tab
  • Right-click on your Microphone / Headset listed here and select Properties
  • In the dialog that opens select the Listen tab
  • Check the box next to Listen to this device then click the drop arrow below this option to select your device
  • Click Apply, then OK

That ought to set things up to bother be able to use your speakers and headset/microphone at same time.

Ask a Question