Microsoft 10 solitaire - stopped working, don't have xbox

Reaction score
I uninstalled, tried to reinstall. all options are labeled "xbox 360" which i do not have and have never had. How do i get these games back?

Reaction score
I uninstalled, tried to reinstall. all options are labeled "xbox 360" which i do not have and have never had. How do i get these games back?

After playing Microsoft Solitaire Collection for several months free, it stopped working and apparently wanted $9.99 to continue. I found another solitaire collection in the store and it works great with no charge.

Reaction score
I have not read any indication that the collection is only free for a limited period. Did you, by chance, click into the option to stop adverts?

Reaction score
OP
You need Xbox. MS/xbox, have transferred the option to play to Xbox. You can sign in there with your Microsoft account - free.

Reaction score
I have not read any indication that the collection is only free for a limited period. Did you, by chance, click into the option to stop adverts?

No, I didn't. I've tried reinstalling it, but nothing happens.

Reaction score
Bought a new computer 3 weeks ago, downloaded Microsoft Solitaire Collection and happily used it as a guest - until today when it stopped working. eventually uninstalled it and now it won't re-instal. I don't have and don't want an xbox

Reaction score
Bought a new computer 3 weeks ago, downloaded Microsoft Solitaire Collection and happily used it as a guest - until today when it stopped working. eventually uninstalled it and now it won't re-instal. I don't have and don't want an xbox

There's another solitaire collection at the store which is supposedly free. It also worked great for awhile, but has disappeared, never to be found by me. It is no longer in the store.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Still on my laptop free
Also still listed when you go into games show all
Scroll down and it will show
Also lots of G5 games are free as well

Reaction score
OP
You need Xbox. MS/xbox, have transferred the option to play to Xbox. You can sign in there with your Microsoft account - free.

I got xbox from the store, but can't seem to get past it insisting I acquire "friends." I want to play solitaire games.

Reaction score
If you have created a login for Xbox, you should now be able to return to the Solitaire collection and log in to that without anything further

Reaction score
If you have created a login for Xbox, you should now be able to return to the Solitaire collection and log in to that without anything further

So far, it will not play. Xbox keeps saying "friends" haven't played this game lately. Well, it is solitaire and doesn't need for "friends" to play it. It insists Xbox is better with FRIENDS. Facebook tries to force people to have FRIENDS, also. !!! Perhaps there is something else I can do. If so, I'll be glad to try it, davehc. Thanks. I didn't have an opportunity to create a login for xbox. It created a login for me and gave me a name they chose. They also have my real name.

Reaction score
I notice that on other threads, many people are complaining that the Windows 10 Solitaire Collection quit working. Although there have been many suggestions and I've tried them all and other posters have tried them all, it appears that once this happens in Windows 10 there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to fix the problem. I now play solitaire on my Ipad on an app. If anyone has figured out how to fix this problem I'd sure be glad to know. I mean a real solution that works, not another shot in the dark which fills most of the threads on this subject

Reaction score
Following my earlier post I encountered a windows problem due to an accidental download so ran Reimage software and discovered that I could then reinstal Microsoft Solitaire.

Reaction score
I notice that on other threads, many people are complaining that the Windows 10 Solitaire Collection quit working. Although there have been many suggestions and I've tried them all and other posters have tried them all, it appears that once this happens in Windows 10 there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to fix the problem. I now play solitaire on my Ipad on an app. If anyone has figured out how to fix this problem I'd sure be glad to know. I mean a real solution that works, not another shot in the dark which fills most of the threads on this subject
I too had Microsoft solitaire until yesterday when an option came on the screen urging me to click for friends. I don't want friends either. I don't want to compete with anyone. I can't get past this pop-up. Very frustrating. Looks like I'll have to quit the habit of a lifetime and find something more worthwhile to do rather than chill out !*&%@? I was happy with the old windows system. Why did I change? Publicity, I think. Someone telling me that the new Windows 10 was going to be much, much better ?£%*&@"! As I don't understand how to work the new Windows, my laptop is all but redundant. Solitaire was the last post.... Other than checking my emails, I have no use for my laptop now. I can't even fathom how to download photos. Glad so many other people are having problems (sorry for being selfish), at least I don't feel such an idiot. Windows 10 reminds me of flat-pack instructions. The only ones who can understand them are the people who created them in the first place!

Reaction score
Just try restarting your computer. I had same problem and that was all it took.

Ask a Question