SOLVED Microsoft Access crashed

Reaction score
Hi,
While I was editing mdb file suddenly MS Access crashed and the document became unable to be opened. Every time I wanted to open it the same error was:
"Microsoft Office Access cannot open this file"
Then I wanted to open auto-saved version of the document, the same error appeared. Could anyone suggest me a proper way so that I may never face such issue again? How to repair mdb file?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Could anyone suggest me a proper way so that I may never face such issue again?
Yes..... always back up all of your critical data.

In the mean time, right click the .mdb, hold the shift key on your keyboard and select open from the context menu while continuing to hold the shift key.
Otherwise you might consider seeing if using a newer version of MS Access might open it. That may ask you to convert it.... you can try it either way. With or without converting.

Reaction score
I had this same problem. I have removed Office from my computer and re-installed . Access still will not load a database. I can recommend you eRepair Access restores main data structures from damaged *.mdb and *.accdb Access files.

Ask a Question