Microsoft Solitaire Collection Sham

Reaction score
Why does Microsoft allow cheaters to play this game and record results that are impossible? Yesterday's event was 20 games of Spider Solitaire where the top players have results where they do each game with an average time of 1 minute. You can easily shut me up by posting a video of someone doing this. In the 20 games that you need to play, there are a few which can be done in less than a minute but there is no way that the average could come close to a minute each. There are just too many moves involved. Is Microsoft okay with the fact that they are hosting a crooked game? I will not be renewing my subscription if they continue to let this happen.

Reaction score
I'm a long time FreeCell addict, (since Windows 3.1) it always bugs me that there are dozens of best scores shown in the under one minute category.

I don't take back moves and have won 100 consecutive games 3 times.

You have to move 52 cards at the absolute minimum and to do that they would have to be in the exact order when first dealt, so that each card can move directly to the home bar, yet every deal even ones that take me 5 or 6 minutes and that puts me in the top 10 list as far as fewest moves, have scores posted at times like 59 seconds.

I don't believe that anyone can finish a game that fast seeing it for the first time, much less many people.

Maybe the Bobby Fischer of freecell but how many of those can their be?

I don't try for the fastest time, my focus is on never losing, but it always shows that the fastest time is for the first time played by the record holder.

I just don't believe it.

Reaction score
There is no award, and only cyber, so it bothers me not recognition of the achievements. I just enjoy the challenge.

Reaction score
Why does Microsoft allow cheaters to play this game and record results that are impossible? Yesterday's event was 20 games of Spider Solitaire where the top players have results where they do each game with an average time of 1 minute. You can easily shut me up by posting a video of someone doing this. In the 20 games that you need to play, there are a few which can be done in less than a minute but there is no way that the average could come close to a minute each. There are just too many moves involved. Is Microsoft okay with the fact that they are hosting a crooked game? I will not be renewing my subscription if they continue to let this happen.

I couldn't agree with you more! It's very sad isn't it?
I play purely for the challenge of keeping my grey matter ticking over, and even as a silver surfer with an annoying slow internet connection I do OK.
Thoroughly enjoy the games though, so thanks to Microsoft for posting them.

Reaction score
I couldn't agree with you more! It's very sad isn't it?
I play purely for the challenge of keeping my grey matter ticking over, and even as a silver surfer with an annoying slow internet connection I do OK.
Thoroughly enjoy the games though, so thanks to Microsoft for posting them.
Wont be long now that the top 100 will be all bot cheaters !

Reaction score
I haven't played Free Cell for a long time, I now play Spades every day for at least a while. It's a good game, you have to bid and then make your score exactly, if you are under your bid you get no points, if you are over you get 1 penalty point for each trick you are over.

If you get to 10 penalty points before you get to your set game score, (I use 250), you lose one hundred points.
The balance of trying to make points and then when you get to your bid, anywhere be it one or ten, and then trying not to take points makes it interesting. Nothing is more frustrating than making your bid, and then taking tricks with low cards and getting 3 penalty points, and wishing you had bid more.

Maybe I should go back and start playing free cell again, but the fact that people kept posting impossible scores kind of put me off after playing for many years.

Reaction score
It's been almost 4 years since I first wrote about my abhorrence for the cheaters and Microsoft for allowing them to play in events. I did not renew my paid subscription so Microsoft has lost about $80.00 in revenue. I still play (way too much) Spider as I find it facinating and I never get bored. I have found some simple ways to do other tasks while their mindless advertisements play.

Reaction score
One thing I've found that is helpful.

I play on my tablet now, not on my PC, but I found that if I turn off the internet connection before I start playing, the ads don't appear. It's really refreshing to be able to play Spades, Free Cell, or several word games that I like for an hour and not see ads popping up all the time.

This seems to work with almost all the games I've played.

Reaction score
I think there are 2 players with up to 50 nicks each that better their scores , once their computer knows the fastest way to solve , by the push of a button.

Ask a Question