Microsoft solitaire collection will not download

Reaction score
I am unable to download the Microsoft solitaire collection or any app from the store, has anybody got an answer to this problem?

Reaction score
If Windows Store or metro apps, e.g. Solitaire, don't load try this:
Rename Cache folder to Cache.old within Users\{Username}\AppData\Local\Packages\WinStore_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState
Create a replacement (new, empty) Cache folder inside LocalState;
Restart Windows and see if Solitaire collection is there.
It should still have all your statistics.
If all OK delete Cache.old.
Worked for me a few minutes ago..

Reaction score
If your system is not UP-TO-DATE (the latest Windows Update) you CAN´T download anything from Store. Windows Updates service must be running. Nasty Bill you know... forcing you to update.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am unable to download the Microsoft solitaire collection or any app from the store, has anybody got an answer to this problem?
I've had the same problem for nearly a year it seems no one knows what to do. Tonight I tried again and I got it working it downloads and I can play the games, they look different but I don't care. Here is what I blindly stumbled on. Go into "Settings" in the startup column Click on "Settings Storage Usage & App Reset" in this click on "App's & Features" then click on "Microsoft Solitaire Collection" Choose and Click on "Advanced Options" then Click on "Reset" don't worry about what the little box says that pops up, just do it. I'm not a computer wiz and my 2, 8 year old grand children know more about this stuff than I do. I can hardly believe I did this. Well Good Luck!!!!! Bill

Ask a Question