Microsoft Solitaire Collection will not load

Reaction score
Have had new computer with Windows 10 for several months. Have been using Microsoft Solitaire Collection since brought computer home almost daily and suddenly, it won't load. When click on app, it just flashes and nothing. There is no uninstall on the right hand click, but I located one somewhere and uninstalled, installing it again. Nothing changed. How can this problem be resolved? I've also run the troubleshooter and nothing.

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with Microsoft Solitaire Collection Premium Edition ($9.99/year). I tried numerous solutions posted here and other websites with no resolve. Finally, I did a SYSTEM RESTORE to the previous day and the game works again. I have no idea what caused the problem in the first place. I did not install any apps. I just was using my computer as I always do. Thanks to everyone who posts and makes an effort to help others find PC solutions.

Reaction score
I also cannot get two of the Microsoft games to play - even after uninstalling and reinstalling them both. They are Solitaire Collection and Sudoku.
Curiously, Minesweeper and Majong are working just fine.
Anyone got a suggested fix?

Reaction score
I've got the same problem on my desk top with solitaire, it works fine on my lap top. But jigsaw loads on my laptop but has no resizing bar and you can not see half the pieces. Jigsaw works fine on my desk top.. both problems happened at the same time must be after an up date. Any help welcome. uninstall wont work. feed up.

Reaction score
I 've had the download problem for nearly a year, I've tried everything that has been posted and nothing worked, I'm not a computer wiz but tonight I stumbled on to a fix. Here's what I found, Open Start Menu and click on "Settings" then click on "Settings Storage Usage & App Reset" then click on "App's & Features" click on "Microsoft Solitaire Collection" and then click "Advanced Options" click on "Reset" don't worry about the message that pops up I figured I can't screw it up any worse than it is. I clicked the "Reset" went back to my game and everything works, I'm able to down load and play the games. I hope this works for you, I'm not a computer wiz and my two, eight year old grand children probably know way more than me. Good Luck!!! Bill

Reaction score
Thank you, William Bartholomew! Windows 10 automatically updated tonight and I found I could no longer load the Solitaire games. Found this forum, tried your fix and it worked!

Reaction score
I have tried all the fixes that I can find I have done all the resets, removed the app and reinstalled, and last night removed every instance of "solitaire" from the registry. I restarted the computer reinstalled the Microsoft Solitaire Collection from the Store and the the program loads but when you go to play a game it exits to the windows screen.
This has been going on for years when you look back at how many people have had this problem or similar ones. Many have requested that Microsoft take notice and fix this, but to no avail. I can't think of anything else to try.
I have downloaded some of the other solitaire games from the store and now they have started kicking you out of the game at some point. There has to be some problem with Windows 10.

Reaction score
Here is what has worked for me - not a perfect solution, as the problem eventually seems to come back, but if you don't mind a couple of extra minutes spent resettting it occasionally, this seems to work every time:

If any of the Solitare Collection games won't load - ie just say "loading" forever, go to SETTINGS, SYSTEM, APPS & FEATURES. Find the MICROSOFT SOLITAIRE COLLECTION app and left click it. ADVANCED OPTIONS will then appear - left click on that and then click RESET and then the second RESET button that will appear. Everything should then work again.

Reaction score
Oddly enough, for five or six months after acquiring my new laptop with Win10, none of the solitaire games would load. I tried all of the fixes I found here and elsewhere. Nothing availed, so I gave up. Then, just yesterday, I idly clicked on the Microsoft Solitaire Collection, and it loaded up and ran without issue!(?) I have no idea what changed, but apparently one or more of the interminable Windows Updates fixed whatever was causing the issue on my machine. Oh, well...

Reaction score
Have had new computer with Windows 10 for several months. Have been using Microsoft Solitaire Collection since brought computer home almost daily and suddenly, it won't load. When click on app, it just flashes and nothing. There is no uninstall on the right hand click, but I located one somewhere and uninstalled, installing it again. Nothing changed. How can this problem be resolved? I've also run the troubleshooter and nothing.

I installed "123 Free Solitaire". Works fine, but only solitaire variations, no other games that I saw there.

Reaction score
I 've had the download problem for nearly a year, I've tried everything that has been posted and nothing worked, I'm not a computer wiz but tonight I stumbled on to a fix. Here's what I found, Open Start Menu and click on "Settings" then click on "Settings Storage Usage & App Reset" then click on "App's & Features" click on "Microsoft Solitaire Collection" and then click "Advanced Options" click on "Reset" don't worry about the message that pops up I figured I can't screw it up any worse than it is. I clicked the "Reset" went back to my game and everything works, I'm able to down load and play the games. I hope this works for you, I'm not a computer wiz and my two, eight year old grand children probably know way more than me. Good Luck!!! Bill

Had the same problem. I tried your fix and it works great. Thanks William Bartholomew.

Reaction score
i tried the "reset " fix still no luck. have tried all suggestions. my microsoft store wont load either. am giving up. going to try a different site other then microsoft for games. really disappoonted that miocrosoft hjas not addresses this problrm that so many seem to hjave

Ask a Question