Microsoft word 13

Reaction score
Hi There
I'm using Windows 10. When I try to open a word document or want to write something I get the message Microsoft word has stopped working.
I've tried one or two things that it said to do in windows help but to know avail. Any help much appreciated

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
By "Microsoft word 13" do you mean Microsoft word 2013?
Have you tried using the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel to repair your install?
Typically, you can just select it and use the change button to opt for a repair of the installation.
Failing that you may find that you'll need to uninstall it and then perform a re-install to sort things out.
Good luck.

Reaction score
Hi There
I'm using Windows 10. When I try to open a word document or want to write something I get the message Microsoft word has stopped working.
I've tried one or two things that it said to do in windows help but to know avail. Any help much appreciated
I had a similar problem. It seems that if you have more than one version of MS Office on your computer, after a while conflicts will develop. The solution is to:
1. Uninstall all but the version that you are using.
2. Once you have done this, open Control Panel/Programs and features, find the copy of office, right-click it and select 'Change' then, from the options given, select 'Repair'. I found, using Office 365, that I had to select the repair option 'Online Repair'.
It takes a while to repair itself and seems to reinstall Office. However once complete I found that the problems had been resolved. All the best.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Hi I have both on my laptop I was having trouble with 2013 it would not print from my printer used to have to copy and paste to a third app.
I upgraded to Office 2016 and problem gone I can now print and the new 365 office even lets me now.
Now I don't need the third party office and everything is good.
You can also go to more actions and Print from there it will find your printer and away you go.
By the way I know it works I print about 4 times a day and since 2016 word installed never been let down.

Reaction score
Have you tried using the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel to repair your install?
Typically, you can just select it and use the change button to opt for a repair of the installation.
Failing that you may find that you'll need to uninstall it and then perform a re-install to sort things out.
Good luck.
Thanks a lot mate for your help even though both the repair and online repair didn't work I appreciate the time and advice

Reaction score
Good luck.
Thanks a lot mate for your help even though both the repair and online repair didn't work I appreciate the time and advice

Reaction score
Hi I have both on my laptop I was having trouble with 2013 it would not print from my printer used to have to copy and paste to a third app.
I upgraded to Office 2016 and problem gone I can now print and the new 365 office even lets me now.
Now I don't need the third party office and everything is good.
You can also go to more actions and Print from there it will find your printer and away you go.
By the way I know it works I print about 4 times a day and since 2016 word installed never been let down.
Thanks for the help and advice but I can't write anything to print. My printer is working to print any emails etc, it's just Microsoft word that keeps closing down on me. Thanks for your time anyway.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Try and upgrade to Office 2016 as mine used to do the same that is why I used a third party app.
Since upgrading my printer works as good as gold

Reaction score
Good luck.

Sorry I'm late at replying, been on hols. Yes I did mean Microsoft word 2013. I've tried all the remedies on the Microsoft web site and they didn't work. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled twice that didn't work. I've been in touch with Which magazine and followed their advice and that didn't work. So now I look like phoning Microsoft up and see what they come up with.
Thanks for your interest.

Mick Wood

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up Mick.
Please let us know if Microsoft has any magic to impart.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question