Missing Cortana.

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just joined the forum and have a rather peculiar question to ask. i find that when i try to open Cortana i get a message stating that Cortana is disabled by company policy and there is no icon for me to click on. I fail to see how a home computer can be classed as a company. So helpful people a cure for this anomaly would be most helpful.
Many tks in advance.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Have a read through this thread here https://social.technet.microsoft.co...led-by-company-policy?forum=win10itprogeneral
Some interesting remarks regarding
1. A group policy setting
2. A registry setting
3. An old setting in group policy from Windows 8 about "Accounts: Block Microsoft Accounts"
4. Toggling some region and language settings back and forth.
Keep us posted if you get this resolved, I'd certainly like to hear back from you.

Reaction score
Hi Trouble, mny tks for the reply. Couldnt find any assistance there, so i gave up looking. got fed up with the searching and no results. But tks anyway.

Bif

Reaction score
Truth be told many are finding Cortana almost useless for any true productivity,it's gimmicky and glitchy at best..if it works at all in your case.I used it on my phone for a week and then disabled it a d I've completely disabled it on my laptop.I know that doesn't answer your question but possibly gives you insight.

Reaction score
Hi Bif, yeah i guess u r quite right in your estimation of Cortana, it is a pain in the proverbial to be honest.
What annoyed me was that MSN reckons it is disabled by company policy and i have no company or policy to be
disabled. Damned incompetent of them i say to put that explanation on a home computer as an excuse to give me aggro.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There are some occasions where you might find certain components of Windows 10 unavailable if your install has not been "Activated", maybe check that as well.

Reaction score
Hi Trouble,
Tks for the reply. My Win 10 was activated on it's first download back in September so that's not the fault, but tks for the suggestion. It is a weird fault i must agree. We will see what happens when the first service pack is installed.

Ask a Question