missing Intel Pro WiFI icon

Reaction score
seems my Intel pro wifi icon is also missing now, looks like a small green tornado on the bottom right

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is your WiFi working ok? It may be that you are using the bundled Windows 10 drivers which no long come with the additional software from Intel (which isn't needed).

If you'd like it back, you may need to download the drivers direct from Intel (when they are available):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

If your wifi works ok at the moment, I'd leave it be unless you really want that software back. I find that having additional driver software just adds unnecessary icons and additional bloat to Windows.

If your wifi isn't working at the moment, then it's a different picture altogether.

Reaction score
Is your WiFi working ok? It may be that you are using the bundled Windows 10 drivers which no long come with the additional software from Intel (which isn't needed).

If you'd like it back, you may need to download the drivers direct from Intel (when they are available):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

If your wifi works ok at the moment, I'd leave it be unless you really want that software back. I find that having additional driver software just adds unnecessary icons and additional bloat to Windows.

If your wifi isn't working at the moment, then it's a different picture altogether.

hy, thanks for the reply, yeah, its workin fine, I already did D/L the driver from Intel again and ran it, the deal is if you run the installer as "admin" it's supposed to give you a option of "custom" to select, where you should see items with a red x either being installed or not, well seems running the installer like that on this W10 doesn't give me any such option, and that's where you can set that icon, I had to do that before after installing 8.1 over 8.

So yeah I have a working WIFI, and it even still uses the Intel driver, I just miss that little try icon :)

Oh well I'm about done for a bit, I been up all night messin and tweakin this thing, I really don't see a lot of "wow" factor, I was expecting a GUI similar to W7 again, with the AERO, but nope, its still the same. The start menu is a bit different, but I still use my paid StartMenu X, it still works good on 10, and I'm used to how I had it set.

I do have another question, when I installed W8.1 I was able to make not only the USB installer, but also some "boot" USB stick, to use for recovery and stuff. Does W10 have some sort of option like that? I have the Installer USB, just not a "boot" USB. Cause I'm gona make a new Image of this setup, after renaming the Image folder for my 8.1, I wana keep that one just in case you know :) But want to Image this W10 now so if i do switch back I don't want to go through 5 hrs of updating again.

I been tweaking this 8.1 since it came out, so I assume this 10 will take 6mo to a year to get runnin right lol.

Ask a Question